If you’ve been thinking about getting a new Jeep Cherokee, take a close look at the new 2021 model here in Pine City. We’re going to cover every detail of this exciting new Jeep in a two-part blog series.
The new 2021 Cherokee continues Jeep's legacy of outdoor enthusiasm here in Minnesota. This powerful, comfortable, and capable SUV will help you conquer anything the Northern climate can throw at you – on or off the road.
Powerful Performance: New 2021 Jeep Cherokee
The first thing you’ll notice about driving the new 2021 Jeep Cherokee is a sense of confidence. Standard safety and security features on all models include Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection systems, Full-speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking, LaneSense Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist, and rain-sensing wipers.
Here in Pine City, drivers will have a choice of:
- 2.0-liter I-4 turbocharged: One of the most technologically advanced engines in the SUV market, this engine optimizes performance and fuel economy up to 31 MPG while delivering 270 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft of torque.
- 2.4-liter I-4: A tried and true option providing fantastic value, this engine also provides up to 31 MPG.
- 3.2-liter Pentastar V-6: With engine stop-start technology, this beefy V6 offers 29 MPG highway and a best-in-class 4,500 pounds of towing capability.
All three of these options can come with a standard 9-speed transmission and an industry-first rear-axle disconnect which results in reduced energy loss when 4x4 isn’t needed.
Versatility for Northern Driving
Minnesotan drivers will appreciate the available four-wheel-drive system, which features Jeep’s Selec-Terrain traction control system. It has up to five customized modes:
- Snow: Many buy a vehicle with four-wheel drive purely because they want to have better handling in the snow. With snow mode, you get the ultimate traction on the slipperiest of surfaces with equal torque distribution to all four wheels.
- Sand: Although we don’t have a ton of it here in Minnesota, sand can actually be trickier than snow. It isn’t slippery, but it can suck your SUV in making getting stuck easy. To prevent this, sand mode adjusts your throttle management and torque distribution to reduce wheel slip.
- Mud: Mud is similar to sand, but it can be even more treacherous. To reduce the chance of your Jeep ending up at the bottom of a mud hole, this mode works to reduce wheel spin so that you never lose the vital traction you need to keep going.
- Rock: Do you have rocks to conquer? This will shift your 4×4 system right into low mode and utilize other available features like hill descent control and locking axles to push your Jeep up and over those difficult rock obstacles.
- Auto: Finally, we have auto mode on the new Jeep Cherokee. It takes care of everything and is best for normal everyday driving. This mode will be your best bet for your daily commute.
Latitude Lux Trim
New for 2021, Jeep is introducing a “Lux” sub segment within the popular Latitude trim. Like the other Latitude trim levels, we think Minnesotans will appreciate what it has to offer.
As the name implies, Latitude Lux will provide amenities like heated leather seating, a heated steering wheel, and safety amenities like full-speed forward collision warning, lane departure warning, and remote engine state. There are also rain-sensitive windshield wipers and a wiper de-icer.
Find Your 2021 Jeep Cherokee in Pine City
When you’re ready for your next adventure, start in Pine City. Shop the new Jeep Cherokees and all the other exciting new Jeeps available now at Eide Chrysler.
SHOP NEW CHEROKEES »